February 13, 2012
STEP 1) LOOK GOOD ONLINE
- Beef up your website. Internet searches are a key way that students identify and learn about undergraduate and professional degree programs.
STEP 2) GET LISTED
- Make sure your program is listed in popular student resources.
STEP 3) OFFER THE RIGHT COURSES
- Market research related to the specific needs of the students you aim to recruit will help to identify relevant courses and degree programs. The types of programs offered, as well as the transferability of academic credits, should be carefully considered, as this another key factor for students.
STEP 4) SAFETY FIRST
- Emphasize safety in marketing collateral. American students in particular fear violence abroad.
STEP 5) MAKE IT CHEAP
- Offer low-cost programs. Cost considerations are a major factor for most students choosing study abroad programs.